Saturday, January 17, 2015

Best of Sweet Spirit Blog "2014"

                                                                                        
What will your legacy be when you die?
I buried a shit-ton of Gi-Joes in my neighbor’s back yard.  I hope someone finds them some day.
     
     -Daniel Blanchard


If you could get in tour bus with any band ever, who would it be, why and what would it look like?
If I could ride with someone, it would be that band in the Muppet movie, I think they're called Electric Mayhem.  Just hanging, you know, me and my Muppet friends, moving right along.
    
     -Jon Fichter

If you could sing for one of your heroes, who would it be?
I would like to commission Bette Midler to sing The Wind Beneath my Wings to Louis C.K. And I get to be there, and it's just the three of us in one room.
   
     -Sabrina Ellis




To whom do you owe a huge thank you to and why?
First and foremost are my mom and dad. They bought me drums when I was fuckin 3! They put up with so much crap and always encouraged me, let me have a half stack in my bedroom, didn't kill me when I told them that grades didn't matter when I was 13 because I was gonna play music...

     -Josh Merry

You have 24 hours, where, with who, and what?
This is a very morbid scenario. The idea of dying is difficult to grasp to say the least. I would probably be at home trying to relax and enjoy stuff but end up spending most of the time thinking about the fact that in a few hours I would enter the death realm.

     -Jake Knight




What would you be doing now if you weren’t pursuing music?
Before I moved to Austin, I did Search Engine Optimization in Houston. Its one of those jobs where you sit in a tiny cubicle and contemplate suicide all day. So probably death. Death or Graphic Design I do have a degree in that.

     -Andrew Cashen




Is there one piece of advice or wisdom that was given to you that just stuck, if so what was it?
If you don't like someone, don't say anything.

     -JWC III

If you could get in a tour bus with any band dead or alive who, why, and what would it look like?
Harry Nilsson and John Lennon during the Pussy Cats album period... I'd get to choose which one I could kiss every night and there would be a giant bubble bath on the tour bus that I'd sit in while they sang "Many Rivers to Cross" to me while I get to drink a giant frozen daiquiri out of a fish bowl and then in the morning when we're hungover we could sing "All My Life" while Im cuddled between the two of them and do it all over again!

     -Sara Ostovar




...A couple neighborhood guys spotted us, and after the shock of seeing us wandering the streets wore off, they began to chase us. We got disoriented and a little lost, darting down alleys and hoping there wasn't more trouble around each corner...

     -Rick Pierik


    -photos of Sweet Spirit by Steven Ruud



No comments:

Post a Comment