Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Jon Fichter Interview

Jon is the bass player of Sweet Spirit.


What’s your favorite record and why?
I think it's "marquee moon" by the band Television.  Just really well constructed songs, and lots of gratuitous guitar solos... it's the record I've listened to the most without getting tired of.

If you could get in tour bus with any band ever, who would it be, why and what would it look like?
If I could ride with someone, it would be that band in the Muppet movie, I think they're called Electric Mayhem.  Just hanging, you know, me and my Muppet friends, moving right along.

What’s been your greatest moment of doubt, and how did you get through it?
Is this a job interview?  No, really, I doubt myself every day.  I doubt I could come up with a better answer than that.  There isn't anything I'm anxious about, though.  Lots of people are afraid of dying or where their water comes from or if their dad is their dad.  Anxiety seems way harder a pill to swallow than doubt.  I don't think my water source will kill me and I know my dad is my dad.  There's no doubt about that.  Don't fear what you can't change.

What would you be doing now if you weren’t pursuing music?
If I wasn't playing music, I would be a sign painter.

What’s the most memorable encounter you’ve had with a complete stranger?
I used to go door to door asking people for money (it was more credible than that sounds) and I met a lot of interesting people that way, but this one woman really knocked me out.  She had been a painter but had retired and was living in San Antonio.  Her whole house was covered in crazy artwork and she wouldn't let me leave for like, four hours, while she told me about celebrities in the 60's and her house smelled like cat pee and I couldn't leave and by the end I think I developed Stockholm syndrome and didn't want to go home.  Somehow I broke away from her even though I wish we kept in touch sometimes.

Who’s your favorite movie character?
Snake Plissken.

To whom do you owe a huge thank you to and why?
Snake Plissken.  You know exactly why.

No comments:

Post a Comment