Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sara Ostovar Interview

Sara runs No. 9 Dream salon and is responsible for Sabrina's hair.


Most memorable moment at a Sweet Spirit show?
When I saw them at The Blackheart. Everyone was sweaty and dancing and crammed together and really, really happy. Also, just any time Sabrina is around is memorable.

What's the most interesting encounter you've had with a complete stranger?
I don't know if it's the most interesting, but I can't think of one so I'll just choose this encounter... Yesterday, at the grocery store there was a man behind me who looked like he was maybe in his 80's. And, as I was leaving, I said hi to him and he said hello, how are you? I said, I'm good how are you? And he said great! It put me in a good mood and it made me think about how it's nice to talk to strangers. Also, the word stranger is weird.

What's your favorite record and why?
Emitt Rhodes' self titled album, there's a song on that record for every mood you're in. It's also a really good record to put on when you wake up and do all your morning things. My friend Paul showed it to me with the song "Promises I've Made", it's my favorite one and it's a happy sounding kind of sad love song about doing all the stuff you tell yourself you're not going to do or think about when you're trying to forget about someone, but you do it anyway. After you listen to that one follow it with "Somebody Made for Me" and you'll feel really good. If you feel sad and need to sulk, listen to "Ever Find Yourself Running" and have a good shower cry.

To whom do you owe a huge thank you and why?
My friend Erin Riley, I tell her any weird thought I think and she still likes me.

You have 24 hours...where, with who, doing what? 
With Esme, eating TCBY with a gang of aliens floating and flying through space and then we're all singing Mariah Carey "Always Be My Baby" at a karaoke bar on the moon. NO GRAVITY KARAOKE.

If you could get in a tour bus with any band dead or alive who, why, and what would it look like?
Harry Nilsson and John Lennon during the Pussy Cats album period... I'd get to choose which one I could kiss every night and there would be a giant bubble bath on the tour bus that I'd sit in while they sang "Many Rivers to Cross" to me while I get to drink a giant frozen daiquiri out of a fish bowl and then in the morning when we're hungover we could sing "All My Life" while Im cuddled between the two of them and do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment